Tuesday, January 3, 2012

New Year. Fresh Start!

ALRIGHT... I know that I have been extremely lazy about keeping a blog. My only excuse is that school started.  I went through a lot of hurdles in the end of 2011- and am ready for a fresh start, and year.

A friend (a fellow runner whom I look up to very much) challenged me to run 1500 miles this year.  Since I am about to purchase a road bike, and my next BIG goal is to completely a triathlon (and eventually a Half Ironman) I think that this is a very good goal.

I am keeping track of my runs this year on runkeeper.com... the link is http://runkeeper.com/user/Nicolie83

I TRACKED about 800 miles last year, and a lot of my miles weren't tracked at all so I am quite confident that I surpassed 1000 miles in 2011, which makes me very happy.  There's no reason that I can't step it up to 1500 this year.

I am also going to be more cognizant about tracking my workouts for the week.  My first workout of the year (today, January 3rd) was:
45 minutes weights
10 minutes elliptical (warm up) 
5 mile run (~45 minutes)

More later :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment