Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Day 1... Here we go.

Well, here goes nothing.  This is my first post... and I promised myself that I would be consistent with updating.  Not only is this blog going to help ME on my journey by being an outlet, it allows my friends and peers into my brain. The San Francisco Marathon is on July 31st, 2011-- which gives us 126 days to properly train and fuel our bodies.  Kevin and I have already paid for our entrance fees, so there's no turning back now.  We are both extremely excited and scared.  One of my old friends, Kelly, is also running the marathon which makes things even more exciting.  To date, I have run two half marathons and a 10k.  My first half marathon was the American River Parkway and I finished in 2:19- not horrible, but definitely not a great time.  After a 5 week hiatus from running (stupid shin injury) I completed Run To Feed The Hungry 10k in 51:49.  I was extremely proud of this time, and astonished that I finished it so fast.  This fueled us to sign up for The Shamrock'n Half Marathon which we ran on March 13, 2011.  I finished in 1:48:54 which was A LOT faster than the 2 hours that I had hoped to achieve. I was stoked.  

I have decided to abstain from alcohol completely during my training, and Kevin has too.  The reason we are doing this is because we feel that it will help our performance.  During our half marathon trainings there were days that we would go out on Friday or Saturday nights and feel really dehydrated and sluggish during our Sunday long runs.  We don't want anything hindering our performance or judgement when we are trying to accomplish arguably the largest goal of our lives. 

In addition, I am keeping this blog to hold myself accountable for my promises.  I have made a conscious decision to be healthy, stick to my work outs and training schedule, and to be the healthiest that I can be.  This means that I need to watch my caloric intake to make sure that I do not slip below 125 lbs... OR take in too many calories and creep above 135 lbs.  Since we are abstaining for alcohol, the latter should not be a problem at all. :) 

I am tracking my exercise and caloric intake using MyFitnessPal (just switched over from LoseIt... more convenient) and will also update as often as possible on my blog.  I need to get to sleep, because I have class tomorrow... but I will be posting again soon!! 

Current Weight: 129 lbs
Exercise: 45 min weight training, 700 calories on elliptical
Caloric Intake: 1695

No comments:

Post a Comment