Thursday, March 31, 2011

Happy Wednesday! :)

It was absolutely GORGEOUS today.  It was a long day at school and I had a Chem test at 12:30 but I was in such a chipper mood due to the near-80 degree weather. I got to throw on a pair of shorts... and this is the first time that I have actually felt comfortable enough with my legs to wear a pair of shorts in a VERY long time.  I wore skirts last summer, but always felt that my legs were unshapely and square looking.  I would like to thank running, weights, and my continued success with eating healthy for the boost in confidence :o) 

I got out of lab early so I was able to run home to eat a delicious grilled chicken burger.  They're from Costco and OOOOOOMMMMGGGGGGG they are delicious.  The brand is Amylu and they're called Sweet Onion Carmelized Chicken Burgers.  I eat them on a whole wheat sandwich thin with some spicy brown mustard and a Laughing Cow Light Swiss Cheese square.  Today I was feeling extra feisty and threw some spinach and a pickle on it as well.  It's a great, protein packed meal (22 grams!) for about 300 calories.  I was also able to enjoy a nap during this time, which totally recharged me for my 6:30 PM Spanish class. 

After Spanish (zzz) it was still in the low 70s with a slight breeze and time to get in a 5 mile run in the neighborhood.  Our neighborhood has plenty of hills and I think that running it consistently was really beneficial to my strength during my last half marathon.  I will continue to train on these hills for the next 17 and a half weeks and also incorporate some river trail running in.  Unfortunately, some days it is just more convenient to run on the treadmill but I WILL stay away from the track as there is no elevation change.  At least I can change the elevation on my treadmill.  Anyhow... the run went very well.  Finished it at a comfortable pace of 8:44/mile according to my Garmin.  When I load my runs into Runkeeper there is a slight differential so that logged me in at 8:47/mile.  Kevin was feeling a bit uncomfortable due to being slightly injured after our half marathon, so when we do our long run on Sunday we will probably slow down to a 9 or 9:15 min per mile pace just to be safe.  It is early in the game and neither of us want to injure ourselves. 

Here are my stats for the day... I will most likely have another 100 calories or so as a bedtime snack so I am closer to 1600 calories, but I have been very consistent for the past few days in my calories and my energy feels high.  Tomorrow night I am going to dinner with Kevin's mom, so I will make sure that I make balanced healthy choices @ the restaurant. 

Weight: 128.8
Exercise: 44 minutes running - 5 miles outdoors.
Caloric Intake: 1496

No comments:

Post a Comment