Sunday, July 24, 2011

Stressbox.

The stress of having four tests next week is getting to me... one is a three-unit Chem exam... and NO ONE in the class understands one of the units. Meh.  Another is a lab exam... stressful, but not as stressful as the unit exam. I also have a Cultural Anthropology test on 7 chapters (none of which I have read, of course- Chemistry is too demanding and Anthro has gone on the back burner)... and finally, on Thursday, I have a 200 point cumulative final exam in Chemistry.

Mark my words: I WILL NEVER, EVER, take a science class in summer school again.  It is beyond me why I have to have 5 semesters of Chemistry for a B.S. in Dietetics. I understand General Bio, Anatomy, Systemic Physiology.... but basic chem, Chem 1A, 1B, O Chem and Biochem!? A bit redundant.  Oh well.

Needless to say, my 3 mile run tonight was not nearly enough to pacify the stress that is consuming my life right now.  Why do I like to run!? Is it because I think that it helps me run from my problems? No, I think that I have a passion for running because it is MY time... I am in control of my mind, and can let it wander and think about things that are pleasurable to think about (not Chemistry at this current point in time).

I want to work through the night, but I feel like I am running in circles because I will NEVER finish all of this work to the level that I want to.  8 miles in the AM, and then only 9 miles next week before the marathon.  It is going to be a blessing that I am running so few miles next week because of time constraint but also irritating because I need a positive outlet for my frustration!

Goodnight all :)

2 comments:

  1. It will all be over before you know it! Good luck! (I really dislike college science btw ;)

    ReplyDelete