Saturday, April 2, 2011

*Day 5*

Today was my one day a week off from exercise... and I feel antsy, irritable and drained.  But I needed it.  My abs were sore from planks and side bends... my legs were sore from running 3 days in a row and weights (extensions, curls, calf raises, etc)... and I just know that it is physically safe to take a day off from strenuous exercise.
I also let myself sleep in and relax.  I just felt completely lazy today.  I didn't crawl out of bed until 2.  I felt like I really didn't have much to do, and I HATE that feeling. I do have random odd-end homework to do which kept me busy, but I would rather be CONSUMED with stuff to do than have nothing at all to do. That's when my mind starts wandering, which I don't necessarily like.
Running IS my therapy.  It gives me time to unwind, contemplate my life decisions, and just exist.  It has turned into an addiction.  I prefer being addicted to running than drugs, booze, or food- but some people would argue that it is the same battle.  What if I get injured? Well, I can always find another form of exercise.  I guess I'll start swimming.

Anyway... not much to report other than what's going on in my brain.  I had a great breakfast this morning... Kevin came up with an egg white scramble which is as follows:

1 cup spinach
4 egg whites
2 medium tomatoes
1/4 cup red onion diced
1 clove garlic
1/2 red bell pepper

He sautees the spinach, onion, garlic and bell pepper together with some pepper and garlic salt and then we add the egg and cook it.  I top it with salsa and tapatio and it makes for a DELICIOUS and nutritious breakfast paired with my 90 calorie latte.  We invested in a cheap espresso machine from Target a year ago that has proved to be a wonderful asset to our kitchen.

Tomorrow will be a much more productive day... 5 mile run in the morning, hopefully some time with Jenny, a bit of homework, and then out to the comedy club with friends!! Very excited for an 8 mile river run on Sunday!

Current Weight: 128.4
Exercise: Day off :(
Kcal: 1304

No comments:

Post a Comment