Saturday, April 16, 2011

SPRING BREAK!!! :)

Never at the age of 27 did I think that I would be "celebrating" Spring Break... but damnit, I am.  A break is very very needed... and when I go back to school next Monday just four short weeks until the semester is over, another 2 week break, and then 8 weeks of summer school and the meat & potatoes of marathon training....

This week has been a taper week, which has been more annoying than relaxing.  It's only week 3 the mileage was cut back to 22... I was really irritable and antsy yesterday because I wasn't getting a run in but we tackled an INTENSE 5 mile run today that made up for it.  It can be seen here:

http://runkeeper.com/user/Nicolie83/activity/32005626

I'll figure out how to embed it so it can be seen in the blog... excuse me for being a n00b.  Next week will be nice because there is no class and it is a relatively tougher week when it comes to mileage.  Tuesday: 3 miles, Wednesday: 6 miles, Thursday: 3 miles, Saturday: 6 miles, Sunday: 11 miles for a grand total of 29. I'm looking forward to the 40+ mile weeks.  I have decided that I'm definitely going to alternate an intense hill workout such as todays with speed workouts every week.  I'm going to try to do them on Wednesdays, so my legs don't get worn out for my long runs on Sunday.

I don't have much to post, but will write more later :)

No comments:

Post a Comment