Sunday, April 10, 2011

Relaxing Weekend :)

My Friday, Saturday and Sunday proved to be delightfully relaxing. This semester has been a BIT easier for me workload wise: probably because it's the calm before the storm.  On Friday night I visited some friends at On The Rocks and had two Bloody Mary's-- they only had a shot of vodka each, and I sipped them over the course of two hours.  They were absolutely delicious and it was good catching up with friends.

At 9 AM on Saturday morning, we set out for a 5 mile run around the neighborhood.  I was well rested and it was a really nice run.  I averaged 8:34 per mile and my heart rate averaged at 157-- not bad at all.  It was pretty consistent throughout the whole run, which makes me happy.  The rest of the day on Saturday was pretty uneventful.  I did some homework, watched some Dexter and lazed around.  I consumed a total of 1800 calories this day and still had 27 left to spare. I  feel that when I work out early in the morning I am WAY hungrier throughout the day.  Oh well, just feeding the metabolism. :)

Today we woke up at 6 AM and hit the river trail at 7 for an awesome 9 mile run.  It was quick, easy, and refreshing.  There were SO many runners on the trail and their etiquette was awesome. I must have smiled and said hi to 40 people.  We finished our run in 1:17, which was an 8:29 average.  My Garmin tracked my average heart rate as 160-- but I noticed that my heart rate was REALLY high for the first mile and then evened out to 145-155 for the remaining 8.  I'm thinking that my asthma medication (albuterol) has something to do with this spike in the beginning.  Oh well, it didn't affect my performance. :)

Immediately after running, I had some Kashi Waffles-- they are AMAZING and my new found breakfast food.  It's only 150 calories for 2.  I don't use butter... I like to eat them plain.  This is what they look like:

I bought them at Sprouts, but I'm sure that they are at every grocery store.  Will definitely be searching for them again on Tuesday.  

For dinner, I made a Quinoa salad that I got from Kelly and is also on the back of the Red Quinoa box from Trader Joe's.  It is sooo colorful AND tasty/healthy.  I analyzed the recipe and the way I make it is only 350 calories per serving and it is quite filling.  I'm pretty certain it could replace a protein as part of a meal. 
We have a ton left over, so I will be snacking on it for the next few days.  I'm sure that it won't last long though, as it is SUPER tasty.  

Because we had such a successful long run, I treated myself to some Frozen Yogurt.  I feel that occasional moderate rewards are EXTREMELY important and give you something to work toward.  I think that I will treat myself with a Starbucks or Fro Yo after each long run this summer as incentive to keep on keepin on. 

I consumed 1800 calories today, with about 400 to spare (because of all of the calories I burned on my run).
That's all for now, more updates later this week <3 

Weight: 129.4
Weeks til SF Marathon: 16
Miles Run this week: 25


No comments:

Post a Comment