Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Week 5 begins...

Spring break was amazing!! I was awful and did NOT complete my 6 mile "long-but-taper" run on the 17th, so I had to push it to the 18th.  That made week 4's total mileage: 35.  I didn't think that it would be manageable, but it was.  I kicked its ass, actually.  Which is surprising, because I was not as health conscious as I could have been... but it's "break," right!? Everything in moderation... that's what my mantra is.  I did GREAT Monday through Thursday afternoon.  Ran 6 on Monday + weights, 3 on Tues + weights & 30 min ellip, 6 on Wednesday, 3 on Thursday + weights... Thursday night I had quite a few cocktails, but did not go too far over my caloric budget.  However, Friday is a different story.  It was our off day and we went to Lake County to celebrate a friend's birthday... I definitely OVER-imbibed that evening, but we had an EXCELLENT time.  The only thing that I was worried about was completing my 6 mile run on Saturday with confidence, and 11 mile run Sunday morning.

I KICKED BOTH RUNS' butts.  The 6 miler on Saturday evening was a LITTLE bit tough... but I drank a lot of water, made sure I ate well earlier in the day and slowed down my pace to 8:45/mile.  As long as I am mentally prepared for the run, I tend to do very well.

Sunday morning was also amazing.  I went into the run only having about 4.5 hour of sleep, but kept my pace around 8:40 and we ran ALL over.  Here is the loop we did, and it was an amazing way to start Easter Sunday... running is definitely my "place of worship." It's where I clear my head, zone out and sort things out.  A lot of people don't understand it, but it is so very therapeutic to me.

http://www.mapmyrun.com/routes/view/32488500

Hopefully that works.  Anywho, this week is 30 miles... and started off with an hour of the elliptical  + weights yesterday, and did a 3 miler + 30 min ellip + weights today.  Feeling strong, and can't wait to tackle the next 13 weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment