Tuesday, April 5, 2011

OH Happy Monday!!! :o)

Normally I have a case of the Mondays... but today I did not. I woke up feeling quite refreshed, trotted off to school and picked up my graded Chemistry test: 91%.  That's a good way to start any day, let alone a Monday! The rest of the day flew by. Lecture was interesting, lab was easy, and Spanish was a breeze.  I was feeling really antsy and couldn't wait to get to the gym and have some gruuuub. 

Gym was lovely! Tanned for about 15 minutes (I know, I know... but the girl's gotta have a base. Sue me).  Lifted weights for 45 minutes...3 sets and 15 reps of each exercise.  I concentrated on lower body today so I won't be fatigued for my 5 mile run on Wednesday where I am going to incorporate some hill training.  Tomorrow I only have to run 3, so I don't care if my legs are a bit tired.  My weight routine today included: bicep curls, overhead tricep extension, tricep dips, adducters (inward and out), calf raises, back extension, leg extension, seated leg press, hanging leg raises, and assisted pull ups.  Following weights I busted out 52 minutes on the elliptical and burned 700 calories (about 7 miles).  I push pretty hard on the ellipitical in order to keep my heart rate up.  

When I was finished, I decided to test my body fat percentage.  The machine at the gym probably isn't ENTIRELY accurate but it has always given me a great ball-park figure.  A and a half ago or so I was at 25% (yikes, which is considered average... not good considering I was working out A LOT then, but not yet running).  Today when I took it, I was 18.3% which is in the "athlete" range for women and makes me EXTREMELY happy.  

Had a lovely dinner of brown rice, tofu and stir fried peppers, carrots, onion & celery and now I am ready for bed.  <3

Weight: No weight today
Exercise: 52 min elliptical ~ 700 kcal, 45 min weights ~ 90 kcal
Kcal Consumed: 1720

No comments:

Post a Comment