Sunday, April 3, 2011

Day 6 :o)

Happy Saturday all!!! :o) Today was QUITE an eventful and fulfilling day.  Started it with a 5 mile run... and it was lovely.  Just did the normal neighborhood route... nothing special, but I felt great.  Ended up averaging 8:40/mile which is a nice comfortable REALISTIC race pace for me. I can easily hold this pace for a 13.1 (my last half marathon was run in 8:19 min/mile average) so I think that I MAY be able to run 8:40 minute miles for 26.2... but that's a very big maybe.

Tomorrow (errr... later this morning, actually) is our long, slow run.  We're only at the end of week 1 so it's a measly 8 miles which is a cake walk.  I'm going to make an honest effort to try to slow myself down to 9:15 min/miles so I don't get ahead of the game and end up getting absolutely exhausted once I eventually hit 20 mile long runs... however, I will report my progress tomorrow.  I am known to run faster than I pace myself.  My legs don't feel fatigued at all, which is good- we will be wrapping the week up with 24 miles.

The rest of the day was nice too... relaxed a bit, did some homework, and had dinner.  Dinner was parmesan cous cous, lemon dill salmon (frozen from Costco, but surprisingly delicious) and asparagus. YUM!! After dinner, we went to Punch Line to see a friend of a friend perform and then played DD with Kevin in Old Roseville! I have never been there before, and I'm 27 years old! It was great to hang out with Bri and Justin.  I don't feel like I was missing out on anything not drinking... which is good.  I am so used to having a couple cocktails when I go out into a bar environment that it was odd, but not bad, to just have diet soda. :)

I will post about the recipe I am preparing for Nutrition and my long run tomorrow evening <3 :)

Weight: No weigh in today
Exercise: 5 mile run ~ 500 calories
Kcal Consumed: 1785

No comments:

Post a Comment